Caring and Helping Individuals Learn and Develop Since 1995.
At C.H.I.L.D. Sabah, we believe that every child should be allowed to develop to his/her fullest potential. We believe that all children can learn and must be respected.
We stand together with Article 23 of UNICEF’s Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), which states that every child, regardless of his/her abilities, should be given special care and support so that they can live independent lives.
We strive to achieve the following:
- Create a better understanding in the community with regards to education for all children.
- Highlight the importance of Early Intervention for children with disabilities.
- Highlight the importance of vocational training for young individuals with disabilities.
- Encourage fair and safe working environment for individuals with disabilities.
- Make known the rights of a child to the teaching force.
- Make known the rights of a child to the community.
- Set up an active ‘one stop centre’ to assist and support families of children with disabilities.